EMHII’s Approach to Covid-19
As an Inquiry, we are aware of the uncertainty of Covid-19 and we will continue to exercise caution. Our approach will always:
- Recognise any government guidance;
- Be flexible to meet individual needs;
- Minimise risk of transmission of Covid-19 to the Inquiry team and anyone involved in the Inquiry as far as possible; and
- Minimise any impact to the work of the Inquiry as a result of Covid-19 restrictions
The Inquiry is taking the following steps to limit transmission of Covid-19:
- Staff members will not attend face-to-face sessions if they are demonstrating symptoms of Covid-19.
- Hand sanitiser will be readily available at evidence session venues in London and Essex
- Where possible, we will aim to maintain social distancing of 1m during in person evidence sessions.
If you have any concerns about meeting in person, we can adapt our approach. The team’s engagement lead and/or relevant team members will discuss any needs or wishes you have around taking extra precautions (e.g. wearing masks, increasing ventilation and/or social distancing).
You are welcome to get in touch by email at email@example.com or leave a voicemail on 0207 972 3500.
Please note that while the Inquiry team will do everything we can to honour the dates and times that have been confirmed with witnesses, there is a very small chance that any in-person session may need to be postponed. If this is the case, we will be in direct contact with you as soon as we can.
In the event of further measures
The situation is constantly being monitored. We will update this page with any relevant changes to the measures we are taking.